Monday, October 20, 2008

Grateful for all the help on the Peace Project










First of all I wish to thank Cheryl Shaw , the owner of C Art Gallery in Seattle for her belief in my Peace Project and her enthusiasm for this show. I am so very grateful for this opportunity to show the biggest collection of the Peace Project in the gallery.

There is no way that I could finish this collection of the Peace Project by myself. I am so very very grateful for all the people who have been helping me get ready to show by the middle of November.

One of the most important people in my life is my husband Fred. Without his help, I could not do this artwork. He is my adviser, my engineer, hard worker, wood cutter, framer, does all the cooking, helps with the dishes and laundry, helps to deliver the artwork and is always there for me. When I just can not figure out how to improve the artwork or how to get something to work, he is always there to figure it out. I am so very grateful to you Fred for your love, help and belief in me as an artist over many many years.

Our daughter Janelle and her wonderful husband Alex both are so supportive and always have a helping hand. Janelle is helping me weave the clothing for "Gloria" and also for the kimonos, tapestries and other artworks. Alex is helping to create the all the support bases for the free standing sculptures in the show. I love and appreciate you both so much. Thank you.

The other picture is of Jessica, my wonderful assistant helping to bring "Gloria" in from outside after I sprayed "Gloria" Gold. Jessica is my right hand person and has been so valuable in helping me in the studio. Thank You Jessica. You will be missed when you move back to Oregon next month.

Then two very enthusiastic and great people who I do not have pictures of yet, are Tory and Nick Felkey. Nick has been doing the photography for my finished artwork. Tory is helping me with graphics. She created the postcard invitation. Both Tory and Nick are creating a video of the story of "Gloria" and how she became the "Peace Maiden/Warrior. Come back soon to see the first clips. You can connect with Nick and Tory at http://www.nickfelkey.com/ for their help with photography, graphics, web pages and videos.

In addition, I would like to thank Faith Rivera and her husband Nolan for their support. The music of Faith will be used in the video of "Gloria". Please listen to Faith's beautiful voice and hear her songs of Peace at: http://www.faithrivera.com/.

Thank you so much to all my family and friends who have been encouraging me on all these many years, purchasing my artwork and celebrating with me at many art shows. I am grateful for your faith in my ability, love and support.

And then there is YOU. Thank you also for coming back to my blog to see and hear the story of how "Gloria" was created and how the Peace Project is coming along. You will see the complete installation beginning on Nov. 18th through Dec. 28th with the opening on Dec. 4th, 2008. Click here for your invitation to the show: http://wishupeace.blogspot.com/2008/10/we-invite-you-to-attend-catherine.html

No comments: