Saturday, October 4, 2008

What is the Creative Process?

As I create the artworks for the upcoming show at C Art Gallery, I thought it might be fun to talk about the creative process that I go through. So each day I will record a segment of this creative process.

Everyone is different. I am always curious as to what other artists, writers, designers and all creative people go through before completing a project. I would love to hear from you what your process is. For me it is process of going within, feeling connected to source and following my intuition and maintaining a sense of peace within.

With the Peace Project the creative process started from a meditation and an image about 2 years ago. The images sat growing inside my mind for many months before I started to work on researching words of peace in languages from around the world. This in itself was over 3 months of searching organizing. From there I started to hand carve two large plates with as many peace words as I could.

No comments: